Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Prospective Athlete Forms/Questionnaires? Trying to play sports in college...?

I just finished my sophmore year in high school, and I'm really looking to run track (and possibly play soccer) in college. I know that most colleges' web sites have a form to fill out with your personal information, grades, and best performances.





I had an okay year time-wise in my events, but I plan on getting even faster next season, especially as my team is training to make the new england championships.





My question is... should I start filling these forms now, or wait another year? My times weren't amazing, especially for my event at a college level, but I was all-conference, and made it to the state championships. I also looked at some of these schools' web sites, and right now I could be competitive with some of their runners, just not their number one runner. I'm just afraid that next year (end of junior year), if and when my times improve, it will be too late to contact prospective coaches. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Prospective Athlete Forms/Questionnaires? Trying to play sports in college...?
I would fill them out now, and email the coach, let them know that you are getting better in your events.





Coaches like to see improvement. It shows them that you are coachable, and are willing to work to get better. You should get on their radar early! This will also show them that you really WANT to play in college.





Good Luck!!
Reply:i assure you the coaches have scouts at all the events and championships.....it might suprize you that they have a file on you if you were in the top 3 of any championships..........


No comments:

Post a Comment